Milling Insert Advantage:
- Using the new interpolation cutting edge, the efficiency of spiral interpolation milling or slope milling is improved.
- Due to the double spiral groove and the unequal distance design, HPC milling has higher efficiency.
- Ideal for high dynamic HDC milling.
- Process stability, automation, and repeatability through optimized chip flute type and wear resistance.
- Highly versatile in various materials and processing strategies.
- ToolExpert, ToolExpert HDC, ToolExpert HelixRamp application after RAISA cutting and machining parameter verification.
- New choices for opening and cycloid machining.
- Develop more applications through short-handled tools.
The larger helix angle of the milling insert will help extend the tool's life. On the other hand, the helix angle is increased, and the axial direction component of the cutting resistance is also increased so that the tool is easily detached from the shank. Therefore, when the tool is processed with a large helix angle, the shank rigidity is required to be good. The 0° helix angle is called a straight edge, and its contact line is short.
Selection Of Helix Angle:
Stainless steel is a difficult-to-cut material with low thermal conductivity, which greatly influences the tooltip. The use of a large helix angle end mill can extend the tool life as the hardness of the high hardness material increases, the cutting resistance increases, and an insert end mill with a large helix angle should be used. For the case where the workpiece's rigidity, such as thin plate processing, is low, and end mill with a small helix angle is preferably used.
The core thickness is an important factor in determining the face mill insert's rigidity and the chip pocket. The core thickness of the integral end mill is generally 60% of the outer diameter. The core thickness is increased, the cross-sectional area increases and the rigidity is increased, but the chip flute is reduced. The chip discharging performance has deteriorated; conversely, the core thickness is reduced in rigidity, but the chip discharging performance is enhanced.
Previously used high-speed steel integral end mills. With the advancement of coating technology and tool material technology, coated hard alloy integral carbide milling inserts and indexable end mills are becoming more popular, widely used in mold processing, High hardness material processing, and other fields.
The insert milling's main cutting edge is on the cylindrical surface, and the cutting edge on the end face is the minor cutting edge. It is not possible to make a feed motion along the milling cutter's axial direction during operation. Carbide insert end mill can be used in the machining of side machining, groove machining, and surface machining. There are also a wide variety of end mills that can be used for various machining modes.